Friday, August 24, 2012

24th Birthday List!



For the first time ever I have been inspired to compose a list of things I would like for my birthday as an excercise of valuing and celebrating myself. Honestly, this is more of a prayer list for God because ultimately He is the supplier and the provider, but I hear He likes to use people so you should talk to Him if you want to get involved ;)

  • A trip on The Rock Boat
    • This is the day after I am in a wedding but hey with God, all things are possible
    • NEEDTOBREATHE is going to be there
    • Ben Rector is going to be there
    • a cruise to a private island, yes please
    • So this one is like a miracle item but hey, I believe God does miracles and it is my birthday after all...
  • Tickets to the NEEDTOBREATHE show in Pomona 
    • Buy Here
    • A little more reasonable than the Rock Boat
    • They are like my favorite rock band (tied with Citizen of course) 
    • You could buy two tickets and come with me!
  • Send a gift to me on my birthday cruise!
    • Order Here
    • You can buy me a drink, a bottle, even decorations in advance
    • I really want this one, drinks are expensive yo
    • Contact me for the booking info if you need it not going to post it here for obvious reasons
    • You could come with me too! You just gotta book asap and shell out some scrill...
  • Target Gift Card
    • Papa needs the necessities (toiletries, cleaning supplies underwear, socks) yo!
    • They are actually my favorite gift...but a gift card ensures you don't feel awkward
  • Sears or JC Penny Gift Card
    • I pretty much only wear Southpole jeans, no low rise/boot cut for me if I can help it
  • Nike Outlet Gift Card
    • I LOVE SNEAKERS
  • Quality Time with YOU! My friend!
    • Dinner, Movie, Hiking, Singing, Dancing, Drinks etc I love it all!
    • Just hanging out with you is a huge gift for me especially if I don't see you too often, it is definitely one of my primary love languages
  • Food Gift Cards
    • Panera Bread, Subway, Burger King, Panda Express & Olive Garden are my favorites
    • In-N-Out, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Chik-fil-A, Roscoes Chicken & Waffles, and Original Tommy's are in road-trip distance
  • Gas Gift Cards
    • My car gets 15mi to the gallon, just sayin
  • Coffee Gift Cards
    • I LOVE COFFEE
  • Give to MERCY58 Compassion Ministries
    •  I am so glad to be a part of helping people in need and if you like giving to charties on behalf of someone more than giving gifts, this is a great one!
    • Go ahead, ask me for more information, I dare you
    • Give Here 
  • Color Guard Equipment
    • I need a new Rifle & pratice flag!
  • Sega Genesis Game System
    • I like to kick it old school
    • Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, need I say more?
    • Any Gameboy before DS is also acceptable (favorite game Golden Sun)
  • Spotify Subscription
    • I love music, and I love making playlists, this way I could have it on my phone too!
  • Cold Hard Cash!
    • simple & easy
There you have it. I hope the heart behind this post is clear. I don't want to make anyone feel pressure to get me any gift at all let alone an extravagant one. I am making a statement. A statement that I believe that I am worth something. That God wants to give good gifts to me. That may sound selfish, but it is something I have never allowed myself to believe in the past so booya sucka! Today, I get to enjoy the fact that I was born and I am alive. It's not about the gifts, they are just a bonus That is pretty great and I want to start acting like it. And lastly, no, I am not writing this at 2:30am on my birthday...


3 comments:

neverenoughcoffee said...

You forgot to list wife. I mean, obviously that's one God would need to provide, but obviously He's going to use her to make a gift of her :)

Jessica G. said...

"...but a gift card ensures you don't feel awkward" hahaha!

I hope you get all of these things!

neverenoughcoffee said...

If there was a gift card for Wives-R-Us, I would get you one.